There’s a seemingly never ending number of baby registry items to add to your baby registry — but which products have actually earned their spot?
We've got you, Mama. This is your ultimate baby registry checklist for the necessities for you and baby to have on hand when baby arrives. Happy shopping, Mama!
- Belly and Body oil - nourish that bump in the final weeks of your pregnancy and post birth
- 1L water bottle - growing and then feeding a human is thirsty work! Get one with a straw for easy, small sips during labour.
- The Hospital Mama Bundle - this is an amazing gift of piece of mind, everything a mama to be needs to pack her hospital bag and bring for labour
- Disposable Maternity Underwear and Pads - these are THE essential, you deserve the ultimate comfort post birth. We recommend approx 4 packs of each.
- Perineal healing spray and ice and heat packs - enough said.
- Becoming MAMA Pregnancy Journal - this is also a great present for a friend who has just announced their pregnancy.
- Baby book/journal - Remember every precious moment, it really does go by too fast.
- Baby Milestone Cards
- 4-8 onesies (we love onesies like the Bonds wondersuits with hands and feet that flip over into mittens and socks, they're also great if your little one is tall and skinny!)
- 4-8 undershirts
- 2 sleepsuits for a winter baby in the appropriate TOG
- 1-3 sweaters or jackets (front buttoned)
- 1-3 rompers or other dress-up outfits
- 4-7 socks or booties (shoes are unnecessary until baby walks)
- 1-3 hats (broad-brimmed for a summer baby, soft cap that covers ears for a winter baby)
- No-scratch mittens
- Crib, cradle or bassinet - we recommend looking at co-sleeper with an operable side, it's so much easier to bring the baby to you after birth if you don't have to get out of bed!
- Firm, flat mattress that fit snugly in crib (less than two fingers should fit between mattress and crib)
- Rocking or arm chair for feeding (you'll want one with a head and foot rest - trust us)
- Baby monitor
- Nightlight - we love a red light and white noise combo
- Dresser or clothes storage
- Toy basket
- 1-3 washable crib mattress pads or protector sheets (this is why)
- 2-4 fitted crib sheets
- 2 bassinet sheets
- Changing table or cushioned changing pad
- Nappy bin and liners
- Nappy bag
- Nappy rash cream
- Unscented baby wipes (causes less irritation to that beautiful baby skin)
- 2-3 large boxes of disposable newborn-size, or 6-10 dozen cloth diapers and 6-8 diaper covers
- Baby bathtub
- Baby soap
- 2-4 soft towels or hooded baby towels
- Baby hairbrush
- Soft washcloths
- Gentle laundry detergent
- Lactation Cookies and Hot Chocolate - you need extra calories when you're breast feeding, Mama. These cookies pack a milk boosting punch!
- Nipple cream - IYKYK.
- 10-16 bottles and nipples, we recommend a combo of small and medium sizes to start
- Pump (if you plan to breastfeed), we love this Haakaa pump
- Milk storage bags (if you plan to breastfeed)
- Nursing pads (if you plan to breastfeed)
- Nipple cream (if you plan to breastfeed)
- Nursing pillow (if you plan to breastfeed)
- Bottle brush
- Burp cloths
- 2-4 pacifiers
- Formula (if not nursing)
- Baby nail clippers or blunt scissors
- Baby thermometer
- First aid kit - we love Tiny Hearts First Aid Kit
- Infant or convertible car seat
- Stroller or infant carrier - This super soft Cheekoh wrap can be used from birth!
- Baby swing or bouncer