I'm back with another blog before baby #2 arrives! I cannot believe I'm 39 weeks pregnant. Second time mums, please tell me it flew by for you too? Lucky this time I know that you really don't need much to bring your baby home to.
I finally got around to packing my hospital bag for myself and bub last week. Geez it feels good to know I can tick that job off the list.
For those that follow us on Instagram you would have possible seen my Part 1 and Part 2 - What's in my hospital bag reels.
Personally, I like to pack two bags plus a small handbag with snacks and items that I need to reach for quickly once you get to the hospital. Bag one is all things for mum. Bag two is Bub and Dad or your birth partner. I use The Suite Set Hospital bag organisers to ensure everything stays tidy and easy to find - HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Lets get into it!
Mums Hospital Bag for a 2 night stay
- 2 x Nursing bras
- 4 x Dark coloured comfy undies (ensure they are suitable for both vaginal and c-section)
- 2 x Tom Organic Maternity Pads
- 2 x Partum Panties Disposable Maternity Undies
- Button up Pjs
- Set of comfy clothes - I went with maternity tights and a baggy t-shirt
- Going home outfit - This does not need to be fancy just something comfy that you feel good in.
- Cotton robe (I picked up a great navy one from Kmart)
- Warm socks
- Swimmers or something your ok with getting wet in the shower or birth pool - Unless like me your happy to be naked the whole time (free the nipple)
- Bluetooth speaker to play your pre made song list
- Labour Aid Hydration Drink
- Nipple Cream
- Clary Sage Roller
- Milk and Cookies by Jewels Lactation Cookies for snacking
- 1L Frank Green Straw Water Bottle
- Stool softener - the hospital will most likely have this but I'm not taking any chances. That first poop can be scary stuff.
- Lip Balm
- Pillow from home (the hospital ones are awful!)
- Toiletries bag
- Birth Affirmations
- Battery operated candles for the birth suite
- Chekohbaby Wrap - great option for unsettled newborn who don't love the pram
Babies Hospital bag
- 2 x onesies
- 4 x singlets
- Going home outfit
- Socks and booties
- Nappies and wipes
Try not to over think it, babies really just need food, warmth and love. Everything else is a bonus.
We hope this helps keep you stress free!
The Dear Mamas x